Thursday, July 2, 2009

Travelog Umrah : The Ibadah

Nothing much to tell as all I hope was for it to accepted by Allah SWT. In Madinah I did all the compulsory one (5 prayers) and no additional ones.

This is partly due to my ignorance and partly due to me having to baby-sit the two MC. The day before we move to Mekah, it struck me, is this why I came here for, just sightseeing? Or is it more than that? And that night I fought hard with feelings on the desire to stayback and try to get into Raudah versus sending the two MC back to hotel and missed the opportunity.

Alhamdullillah, Allah is great. We met another hotel mate on the way out and she agreed to bring those two MC back to hotel.
While waiting to get to Raudhah, some of the people are finishing Al-Quran and it hits me, what have I done with my time here? I must do something.

So I start plotting my plan to finish Al-Quran during my remaining 6 days in Mekah.

I have to finish 100 pages a day = 20 pages during one prayer time.

I went early before each prayer and stayed back to finish my target of the day. In the beginning I was very slow, spent almost one hour for 10 pages, but later on, I managed to quicken my pace and completed 20 pages in 1 hour. I know that for sure my tajwid was a bit messed up, but I tried my best. There are occasions that other Arabic jemaah would try to correct my readings. May Allah bless them.

So by 24th I managed to khatam Al-Quran. I know my reading is not perfect, but I promised myself to work on that. After that only I managed to perform some solat sunat, I know I can do better. InsyaAllah there will be next time.

My favourite is tawaf sunat :) and of course looking at Kaabah..

3 comments:

  1. Azita,

    Tahniah khatam Quran. I am impressed at your persistence, and how well you manage your internal conflicts. This is what change and umrah is all about.

    Next on your list after khatam Quran is to understand the meaning of surahs or the gist of them. I want to do that too. Jom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we should, probably we can do more like usrah when we group together and discussed the meaning of selected verses, maybe we can plan something out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For umrah traveling specially for family i recommend you cheap umrah packages which is more reliable for family and groups and there are special discounts for bulk booking.

    ReplyDelete

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)