Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Me and Miss M

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Me and Miss M (menstrual pain) goes waaaayyy back, ever since I hit puberty. She was never far away. Once a month, never failed to visit me. Most of the time she stayed for 2 days, some times its only a day. But the worse, is like 4 days. I did almost everything within my means to get rid of her, but she keep coming, without fail.

I've tried all kinds of medications and the thing with my body is, first time consumption, it will take effect, but after the third time, the body has developed some kind of immune systems and began asking for higher dosage. I realised this back when I was in teenage years. I used to take 2 menstrual pill with 2 paracetamol, and the following months the same dosage did not work anymore. I have a smart body huh?

I've tried taking EPO daily, nope, didn't work. I exercised on constant basis, the pain still there, I drink only plain water, at times warm water only, but still it does not get better. I battled the same war months in and months out. I was  even put on contraceptive pill treatment for 6 months in 2012 just so to alleviate the pain. I had scans done on my uterus, but not a clogged can be seen, no cyst, nothing. All pathways are clear. I am at wits end. Yesterday was bad. I was crying at the hospital at the peak of it, the doctor prescribed another medication for me, diclofenac potassium 50mg tablet, just a normal pain killer. I had ponstant 250mg in my supply all the time.

The thing with ponstant is, it helps with the pain, but it disrupt the whole cycle, and my biggest fear is not all of the blood are being flushed out. It really did. It cut short the cycle from 6 days to 4 days, and that is not good.

Today, I am wrapped in 4 layers of clothing in the office, trying to survive another day. I am born with it and I think she (Miss M) will still be my companion till the day I die. Its life.

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)