Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Of Rosmah, Racism & Al Quran

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh....

For the past 2-3 weeks, I have been one of the only 2 Malaysian staffs left in the camp. The rest went back to celebrate the Chinese New Year. The other guy is an Iban, so he will go back to celebrate Gawai I guess.
Yesterday morning, I saw one of the guys returning back to work, excited to see a fellow Malaysian returning to work after holiday, I immediately asked, "How's Malaysia?" . His quick reaction was to open up the whole story of Malaysia is bad, government is corrupt, how people are being ridiculous in reacting to a certain video made by a certain somebody and the whole thing took what it seems to me like forever. I can't remember how, but later Rosmah's name got dragged into it, plus the story of back when the KLCC was built. I was dumbfounded.

Seriously I don't like to talk about things that has no end, where you will not get any positive outcome from it. Alhamdulillah I managed to divert the conversation into focusing with my latest challenge at work. The conversation seems not so interesting anymore, well, at least to him..hahaha..

Mental note, lain kali jangan tanya "How's Malaysia?" that would just open up a whole grandmother story. My initial intention was to ask the general condition, weather, traffic jam, sales, what they bring back from Malaysia, that's it. Who knew any questions about Malaysia has to be answered only with political response...hahahaha...seriously, get a life people :)

A friend shared this in FB, and to me its a joke, a point of sarcasm, if I may add somebody that came up with this definitely has a good sense of humor. So, without much thought, I shared that as well. It is true, in Malaysia, the sense that I get is, if you are a Malay, and you defend Islam and whatever things associated with Malay, you are definitely a racist. Dr M has been called racist many a times simply because he speaks up and call us Malay to work harder, he pointed out our weaknesses, he put policies to help us achieve what ever that can be achieved, and yet is being called a racist.
Do these people know what is the definition of a racist in the first place? According to :

Oxford dictionary : ra¦cist
(NOUN) a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another:
(ADJECTIVE) having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another:

dictionary.refence. com : rac·ist [rey-sist]
1. noun: a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.
2. adjective: of or like racists or racism: racist policies; racist attitudes.

Has Dr M made a statement that we Malays are better than the rest? NO, he keeps on pointing our weaknesses, and he made statements to make the Malay realized that we have to work harder, gain grounds in economics. If at all, he created policies that benefited Malays more than the rest, that is because he realized we need that extra push and help to excel, even more so emphasizing the point that indeed we are weak.

That is not racism, its favoritism, get your labeling correct people :) Racism is when you banned certain race from certain rights because you think your race is far better than the rest (apartheid in South Africa is one obvious example). Have we separated the seats in the park for Malays and non Malays? Do you have to use different transport, live on the other side of the town? or even can't access to just any public toilet when nature calls? You were not treated like that right? Racism leads to discrimination, where you get almost NOTHING. Don't tell me you did not get anything from Malaysia for the past 50 odd years. Joke!!


Indeed UiTM is only for Bumis, but how many other local public university that is open to all Malaysian? Do you say that because the rest are being denied the rights to study in UiTM, therefore, we Malays are racist? Weh..korang tak pandang pon ITM tu dulu. We only offer diploma courses to poor Malays back in the 70's, anybody who get accepted to ITM was deemed as second class. I've been there, I know that. Now that it has obtained the university status (Thanks Tun, I was there when it was declared, historic moment at Stadium UiTM), now you want you share? Go fly kite.

Ok fine, tutup cerita bab ni, as I said before, we are getting no where. Last but not least, the definitely the one and only book that we should be referring to. The noble Quranul Kareem. I have subscribed to this weekly installation of simple learning of Al-Quran from Quran Weekly , link updated on the top right hand corner. (Though its for daily dose, but no harm in going there on weekly basis :). Their video ranges from 6-10 minutes and sent every week on Tuesdays. Alhamdulillah, I like the way it is presented, simple enough for somebody that does not have memory like an elephant (that's me!!). Highly recommended for you to sign up as well.

I leave you with a hadith from the Prophet Muhammad SAW (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam - praise be upon him)

The Prophet Muhammad  said: O people!  Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one.  An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red (i.e. white tinged with red) person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person, except in piety [Narrated in Mosnad Ahmad, #22978] 

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)