Wednesday, April 11, 2018

WLC April 2018

Assalamualaikum wbt,

I am in this challenge for the month, WLC (Weight Loss Challenge). Before I came back, I think my weight was hovering around 83-85 kg (not good!) and during the first 2 months I'm back, I gained few more kilos. Thanks to the availability to eat out, fast food, cravings and most importantly my poor discipline.

I came across few ad on IG and was drawn into one. They boasted that the program is about eating healthy. I am having a lot of pains all over, hence I could not commit to exercise, but I know I need to loose weight pronto! Last time I was heaviest at 87kg before I start my gym session (yang tak berapa nak disiplin jugak tu..) That, over few months I managed to get the lowest 81 kg. I have never remembered myself being lighter than that. Sedih kan. Always obese. Things that I've tried, protein drinks (Herbalife) - twice, once via Shaz, and one more time via my gym trainer.. tak jalan..tak habis pun, last2 buang ja protein drinks tu.

I've tried Sendayu Tinggi in uni, at one point I've tried the diet soup, ala, the cabbage soup 7 day diet.. tu pun 2 minggu pastu lapsed balik.. No results jugak. I've considered Atkins diet, but I can't stay away from carbs..hehehe. I've tried the I Quit Sugar menu plan when I was in PHC, it was going well, but there were many ingredients that I could not find there, so there it goes again. All of the plans are either halfway or didn't even get to the starting line. I was hopeless when it comes to dieting.

But this is chronic. I'm going to be 37 in 2 months time. I don't want to be at this weight. I don't want to keep buying bigger clothes because the existing one could not fit anymore. So I've decided to join this program. Paid the fee and the coach sent a pack for me to be used throughout this month. Tengok2..eh.. Herbalife protein shake again... aiyoookkk... Nak buat macam mana, kena kuatkan hati jugak. My starting weight (with work clothes on) was 88 kg..whhaattttt??? Huhuhu...

The good thing ( I think) about this time is, they set up whatsapp group and we are required to update the progress everyday. They've provided meal plan for the whole month. The critical ones are for lunch. Breakfast and dinner is the shake, so no brainer. Snacks 2 times a day that is normally either nuts or fruits, again no brainer. Lunch is properly planned such as you only have one carb and one protein portion. Veges are considered carbs - complex sugar. So for lunch, the combo would be either nasi + ikan, or ayam + salad, or telur + sayur, that kind of combination. So far, one week into the program, with me cheating some in the middle (hari tu tempted tengok keledek goreng kat pasar, bila nak beli rupanya sukun goreng..ahh... dah terliur punya pasal ku beli 3 keping.. buat lepas gian..hahaha), I am losing close to 2 kg. So kena la kuatkan hati sampai end of month.

If I get to shed more than 5kg this month, its a big success already. As with all the diet program, initial round will be abrupt loss, later it will slow down and it will plateau at some point. That part, exercise would be very key. Target before raya is to get to 80kg. Ringan sikit nak jalan p Russia. :)

Tomorrow is the second weigh in. Hopefully istiqomah la this time around nak survive to end month and not to relapsed to this weight again. Nak jugak merasa normal size..at least before 40..huhuhu..

Till next time, wassalam. 

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)