Tuesday, January 10, 2017

FIFA The Best 2016

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh...

I can't remember when was the last time I posted anything about football. Must be aeons years ago..haha.

Tonight was the first ever FIFA The Best Award for all best achievements in football for 2016. I was not sure why the Ballon d'Or was announced earlier and not together but hey its OK, that just means that Cristiano won 2 awards for 2016..:)

What I think of other winners?

The Best FIFA Men's Coach Award - Claudio Ranieri

Hebat pakcik ni..even Zidane pun kalah, but his magic that brings Leicester City on top of EPL last year was superb, and lawak jugak bila dia berucap, boleh tahan pakcik ni. All the other candidates are my favourite as well, so anybody wins, I'm happy and besides Zidane has a long way to go, he'll make it there someday.

The Best FIFA Fan Award - Borrusia Dortmund and Liverpool

This was another category that I don't mind if any of the nominees won, all of them are deserving and it does warms my heart to see the playback. Football fans around the world has had fair share of shenanigans but more often than not fans cheers for a game and celebrates even if the opponent scores if the goal is a good one. Unlike NBA, where the game atmosphere is so negatives, from the commentator to the fans, morally degrading for the visiting team, tak ada semangat kesukanan langsung. They mocked and boo-ed the opponent each and every opportunity they can. I adore supportive fans, I admire the spirit, but I strongly condemned mental bullying in that sense. Football on the other hand, has isolated cases like this, but always you'll see fans enjoy the game together. That's the beauty of it.

 PUSKAS Award - Mohd Faiz Subri
Need I say more? I've been ecstatic since I saw his nomination in top 10 and has been campaigning in FB and IG for people to vote him, and it was well paid off :) Tahniah Faiz!

Till next post. Wassalam!

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)