Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Wouldn't Want to be in Her Shoe

Remember I was writing about the 'potential' next job? Well, my competitor got it. I was of course upset, I even bitched about the whole thing. Read more here. I purposely posted it on my friendster blog because she used to be in my friends list and sometimes do read my blog.

After which I deleted her off. She has moved in to the office. I passed by her everyday on my way to the ladies, yet I didn't even said 'Hi'. Herself? of course not!! I had lunch with two other colleagues today and they also bitched about her. Apparently she stab another colleague and it was done in broad daylight, right in front of the person herself....that says so much about her.

According to another colleague, she has already stepped onto other people's toes since she moved on to these new job. Woow.....Bold moves..but she's the kind that is very vocal and in most cooperation, who shouts the loudest will be heard. Only really good leaders can diffrentiate between a good speaker and a good worker.

To tell the truth, I seriously wouldn't want that to happen to me. I'm here to do my job, earn my living and hopefully can support my family. Although at times, you may step onto people's toes but if its done profesionally, I think people would not make a fuss on it. She has been getting on people's nerve, some of us, (me especially) didn't even ask her out for lunch. Sure as hell won't include her in any of our movies outing, or anything else. All the time I thought I was the only that was feeling the heat, it turns out that the feeling is mutual among the rest.

To her, I silently wish her all the best. For me, I plan to keep those whom I deemed adds value to my life, not only as colleague but as friends as well, while at the same time make the best of what is on my plate rite now.

2 comments:

  1. i think it's always better to protect yourself first.. i mean, when it comes to making friends, i always think friends whom you work with (a.k.a. colleagues), i always refrain from getting too close with them... tat'd prevent myself from getting hurt.. i mean, if u weren't attached too much to tat colleague of yours, then you wouldn't feel pissed off, would u? well at least now u learn from your mistake.. look at the bright side. and azita, there are many backstabbers in this world... protect yourself first b4 considering making any new friends... ;) wish u all the best in ur career... u're much better than you think...

    ReplyDelete

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)