Thursday, January 18, 2024

If You Don't Mind Me Asking....

Assalamualaikum w.b.t....

I thought I am the reserved 'I' type. It turns out, that is not always the case. I appreciate long talks and I am quite good in asking question, listening and following up with more questions and in the end the other party will have at least 70-80% of air time, while I gives away almost nothing about myself. 

But this week, I realized something. If asked, I will tell, and if the condition is good, I can match the other person's energy. One engineer that I have been working with for the past few years for example, we never really got to talk, and this week we were in the same workshop. Over lunch we managed to chat, and she is one cheery person, and she asked questions point blank with the intent to know, and my conversation with her, despite being short was like a rapid fire session. She asked, I answered, and I asked in return, she answered. That back and forth feels ok, meaning I was not trying to get away like I mostly did..hahaha..

Another one person was the workshop facilitator. This was my 3rd time meeting him. We hit it off when we first met. Reason being we knew each other by reputation long before we had formal connection and we have a lot of mutual acquaintances. More importantly, we were on the same wavelength most of the time. It was refreshing. I feel like if I have a partner, I would be able to talk trash about my partner with him..hahaha.. Nasib baik tak ada, buat dosa kering ja. 

My uni roommate used to say, I made good friends with guys. Indeed. I might not have close guy friends, but when I hit it off with any guy, I can even go on trips, have meals, watch movies without any strings attached. I treat them like any of my girl friends and I tend to be able not to get my feelings swayed, having second thoughts why were they being like that to me etc.

My only movie buddy moved back to semenanjung and abandoned me.. so it has been a while since I was able to talk and laugh like that. But hold on.. my cubicle mate, I can talk to him for hours too. We hit it off just fine..haha.. another example of what a good friend to a guy I can be..hahaha..

Ok, itu sajalah kali ini, from an introvert that sometime does get out of her shell and say her piece when asked... "If you don't mind me asking...".... :)

Till next time. Wassalam. 

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)