Thursday, November 12, 2020

Rezeki part 2

 Assalamualaikum w.b.t

One year apart, and I am still going to talk about rezeki... Alhamdulillah!

Was speaking to Ija last week, and somehow she mentioned that since the bank interest rate has been adjusted, there should be reduction in the monthly home loan as well. I am still serving the loan for apartment in BJ and I have been diligently making partial payment to the home loan since my expat days. According to my plan, I would be able to finish all of it by the time I finished my assignment time here in Miri - expected end 2021, this is already considering partial payment, paying more than the required monthly rate etc. 

I made the plan, set up SI and forgot about it. The last partial payment was back in 2018, and I was curious how much more I need to pay, and I figured since I've been making steady deposit to the account, there should be surplus that I can use for partial payment again, just so I can speed up settling the loan. 

Pi la check pagi tadi, managed to settle 25K partial payment this morning and remaining balance is RM 22K not including interest. I've set up 2K per month for this home loan, and insyaAllah by end 2021, I would be able to settle the loan. I plan for this, but I never really monitored the payment and I'm not the type that tracked monthly expenses pun since there's a lot of break-ins here and there. 

But Alhamdulillah, my plan is going well so far. With the current economic crises, I don't know how much longer I can keep my job, but at least I will be able to serve up the loan, and keep the house in BJ. Alhamdulillah. Syukur sangat. 

The reason I'm noting it down here is as a reminder to myself. I'm proud of what I've achieved so far. 

잘 했어 - patting myself on the back.

I settled PB loan for the house in SP and I'm only 1 year away from settling this one. I am proud of myself and yet I can't say it openly for so many reasons. 

It may come across as showing off, or insensitive while others are struggling in this day and age. I don't even talk about moratorium for fear of being judged as bragging. But I couldn't help to be proud of myself. Alhamdulillah. That is all I can say. 

Coming from a family that used to scrap here and there just to make sure we pay the RM 124 monthly rent to DBKL, I am proud. I have come a long way, and that expat posting in Nigeria does wonders to helping me financially. Good job. And when this year is over, adik will be finishing her degree, and I think I won't have to worry about job security anymore. I have saved up some money for my own expenses, and some emergency funds for the kids. Hopefully that will do. That's all for now. 

I may start back the daily blogging as life in Miri in pandemic is mundane, and I don't feel like sharing too much in IG. We'll see. I just need to keep on living, keep on working, just a little bit more. Hang in there. 

Till next post. Wassalam. 

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)