Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Day1: Trip to Obama-land

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh...


While it is still fresh in my mind (well..sort of..), let me share the journey late last year. I made my way from Port Harcourt on the 23rd December. The route is PHC-Paris-Houston. Total flight time is 24 hours. Flight took off 2130H on the 23rd, but we have a 1 hour taxi in Abuja. The flight arrived in CDG Paris at 0600H and I have to wait ~4.5 hours for my next flight to Houston. The transit time is decent, I had time to freshen up, perform my solat and just not rushing things. CDG does not have a dedicated prayer room, but the waiting hall is quite spacious and at the early hours there were not many people around. This is my second time transit in CDG and I'm fine with it.

I arrived in Houston the same day 1430H, but that doesn't mean the flight time is only 4 hours..haha. Houston is behind 7 hours from Paris. That means the flight time is ~11 hours..hahaha.. I slept, I ate, I watched movies and finally I made it!

Getting through immigration in the US airport was not as bad as I imagined. Apart from being annoyed at the Immigration officer who keeps on chatting with each and everyone that on his lane and basically caused delays, the screening was actually just fine. My bag wasn't even opened, and he just asked 2-3 questions to me. I guess my hijab scares him off, so much that he don't have the appetite to interrogate me.. hahaha..

Sakina picked me up half past 5. We went right to a local fast food joint where she treats me to this big portion of middle eastern dish. Rice with meat, salad and what nots. Kenyang weh, have to take away half of it. When we get to her place, that's when the real fun begins. I have been wanting to upgrade my DSLR for the past 2 years, but always too busy to buy it back home. And since I am going for another adventure in Feb, I've been buying things from Amazon and have the delivered to Sakina's place. She was partly my warehouse manager :) receiving goods on my behalf..haha..
I bought a GoPro too! Just realized that I did not took the picture of the whole lot of boxes, it was just piling up in her apartment..haha.. Sorry!
I'll continue the story in the next post. Gosh, am not used to write a long post anymore. The muscle needs to be trained. Haha.. till next post, wassalam. 

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)