Monday, June 2, 2014

A Somewhat Strange Dinner

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh...

I just got back from a dinner. Last Friday, as soon as I got back to the room, the GM's wife called me, inviting me to their house for a dinner, she mentioned that another new joiner to the department, a fellow Malaysian, was invited as well.

It was a bit weird, I knew they have been having a get together with other new joiners, but I never got invited, which is fine by me. They are all mat saleh anyway. So why bother asking me a single Malaysian lady, who obviously not in their social circle in the first place.

So of we (me and another Malaysian, WK) went to the dinner. He is much senior than I am, maybe that's why they invited me (us)...the senior guy might have more things in common with them, at least that was I thought. As my assumption earlier, the guests were all mat saleh, only me and WK are the odd two out :p

Most of the time I just listened to their conversation. Chipping in maybe what seems to me what was merely a sentence...hahaha...not that I have nothing to say, but somehow felt a bit out of places. The host were nice though.. The wife and the GM were kind and all seems fine, at least at the face value.

I walked back to the guest house with WK and each of us started to analyze the situation. WK felt out of place too. Both of us still did not understand why we were invited in the first place. I asked WK, if, if we are invited again, would he go? His response was first time, he had no choice, second time maybe he can come up with some kind of excuses.

For me, I don't know. If they invite, I'll probably attend. If they don't invite, I will not take it personally. I am fine with it. I had been on a domestic flight with the couple (GM and wife) twice now. And each time, I get the feeling that they are protective of me. Maybe because I am alone and I am single. Maybe that's why they were looking out for me. But work wise, I don't see it yet...well...he's a GM, I would not have direct interaction with him anyway.. So I don't know.

We'll see how it goes. Its a small camp. And we see each other a lot, I just want to get along with everybody, do my work and not step on anybody's toes. That's all.

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)