Monday, August 31, 2009

1957-Hati Malaya, The Road to Merdeka!!!

I watched the live telecast from Dataran Parlimen. This year, its just a modest celebration, in respect of Ramadhan. Its actually a blessing in disguise that the two collide. Good reason not to have all this extravagant celebration that not only wasted the people's money, but also leads to various social issues pre and post Merdeka eve.

Last night RTM2 showed Shuhaimi Baba's 1957-Hati Malaya. That is my first time watching it as I missed it when it was in cinema. Very heartwarming, brilliant movie that capture moments by moments how our great leaders initiate the effort to free up this country. The basic struggle that they fight at that time to push British and convince the public to unite and ask for independence as a nation. Highly recommended. Especially to all those politicians that no longer prioritise the people in their agenda. More often than not they are more concern on their pockets and how to get their 'people' gets all the government projects.



My sister had iftar in a mall's foodcourt sometime last week. Just about time to Maghrib, there is this big group of young Malaysian (non Muslim) hogs 3-4 tables for their dinner. While most of the Muslim already bought their food and wandering around trying to spot an empty place to break their fast. One table of slightly older non Muslim people purposely delayed their dinner and wouldn't leave the place for their Muslim patron to seat. They only offered the spot to 'one of their kind' (non Muslim) to sit. Is this Malaysian? When Malay asked for The Malay rights not to be touched in the constitution, they called us racist, but with this simple act of ignorance, who is the racist now?

I feel that only certain amount of non Bumis are fighting for Malaysia. The rest that 'claims' they are Malaysian (you know those people that demands equal rights to all race) are just here for the free ride. They built their life here, do good business due to good virtue of government policy, earn all the money they can and send their descendant to either Australia or US or UK to get permanent residence or citizenship. They are here only until they can find a greener pasture. They complaint about imbalance race in the govt sector, but did they ever applied to be one of the force any way? Look at the numbers of non Bumi in the army, civil service ...pathetic!!! They never felt compelled to defend this country. All they know is the government should increase their quota in anything that will benefit them (monetarily) This is the hard truth and all these people are claiming their rights under the banner 1Malaysia, joke!!!

While I am saying this, I know many non Bumi who has the highest level of tolerance, respect to others and highly patriotic in their on way. This blogger I met online is one of them. Her post really earns my respect and I salute her for the decision.

Selamat Menyambut Hari Kemerdekaan ke-52 to all dedicated Malaysian (those who really love this country and not just treat this country as free ride until they find greener pasture anywhere else)

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)