Thursday, November 19, 2020

Hwarang

 Assalamualaikum w.b.t. 

Today I missed the 5K. Tidoq balik lepas Suboh, mengantuk sangat..hahaha..So can't afford to slack off on the weekend then.😅

Ok...so how did my yesterday goes? I finished the Kdrama Hwarang. 


When I first started watching Kdrama, my SV recommended quite a few good ones. This one comes highly NOT recommended. She mentioned about poor hair and make up etc. For me, despite having my favourite Park Seo Joon as the main lead, I managed to not watch this drama.

But somehow I have this inkling to watch Park Hyung Sik and so I did.. Haha. Indeed, bad hair and make up all over, for a period drama that tells stories about elites, the hair are just messy, and to add on, cheesy acting for some especially the idols (Minho & V 😝), poor BGM, too loud at certain part that makes it hard to listen to the dialogue spoken and theres one OST that give the vibe drama melayu zaman 90an, the music, the tempo and even the vocal macam eh...cheesy nya weh..

Tu dia.. So many bad points huh 😅. Tapi hakak layan sampai episode 20 dik, because of the storyline. And since its a fiction that based on the history of one of the Three Kingdom, I think I gained a bit more knowledge watching this drama. The story was set in Silla, this is even before Joseon time.

Hwa means flower and Rang means young man or boys. So as the title says, this story is about a group of pretty young man that was gathered by the Queen in her quest to maintain control of the country while secretly preparing her son, the King to take over. After sitting at the throne for so long the Queen somehow refused to let go, and keep on insisting the King to continue living in hiding.

The King took matter in his own hand, managed to enter Hwarang pretending to be one of the officials nephew, using the name Jwi Di played by Park Hyung Sik. Another unknown figure in Hwarang is Seon U, he came as a soon to best physician in the city, who has just been reunited with his family.

Only certain group of people can enter Hwarang. They apply the Bone rank system (caste system), lebih kurang macam Harry Potter yang true blood half blood gitu.

The highest, are Sacred Bone having both side of the parents from the royal family, lower than them is the True Bone - high ranking official and allowed to hold ministerial position and they have few more layers below and lowest is peasant.

Same like any other civilization, these caste system was created to limit the society and safeguard certain group of people, which is carried forward until modern times. Enough about that, my favourite character is the hidden King and I think Park Hyung Sik played it well. Sebab tu boleh tahan tengok sampai habis, kesian ngan watak dia and you kind of empathise with him after seeing how the Queen was treating him. According to history, once the King came into power, he managed to expand Silla until they claimed land on both northern (Gugoryeo) and south (Baekje) side. He was indeed a great king, but whether or not the real king did stick to his ideals about a King should be the one living worrying about his people rather than vice versa, we don't know about that. Interesting la.

So in terms of male lead ranking, in my book, based on appeal category, Park Hyung Sik took over Park Seo Joon's position on this one. 💓


Till next time, wassalam. 

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)