Monday, April 2, 2018

1st April 2018

Assalamualaikum w.b.t,

Yesterday was not a good day. Things that could possible gone wrong, did went wrong. I went back to SP for the weekend, taking advantage of the Good Friday holiday. I was scheduled to depart from AOR at 3PM and later took a flight back to Miri. Somehow at the back of my mind, I keep on thinking I have 1.5 hrs to spare at the airport until my next flight.

But before that, top of the list for series of unfortunate events yesterday started with me forgetting my phone and only realized it when we were already on the highway. Realized it too late, so I made a decision to just carry on my travel and get my sister to mail the phone to me later. I should be able to survive without a phone for at least 2 days right?...... well..almost right, but not really.

So after checking in, the flight from AOR to KUL was delayed for 15 minutes, not a big deal, I do have 1.5 hrs to spare till the next flight.. or so I thought! After the touchdown in KUL, I was itching to buy some burger for the road. So I went out to the arrival hall, get my burger and then went up to departure hall and get in line for some bubur ayam McD. I've been having cold and runny nose. That bubur will perk me up a bit for the next 2 hrs flight. The queue was quite long and the service was quite slow. After paying for my bubur, I stepped aside waiting for my orders to be ready. Somehow I felt something was not right. I took out the boarding pass for my next flight and it shows 1705H departure time, and I asked for time from the people behind me, it was already 1715H!! Holy cr*p! I'm screwed. Took my bubur and quickly made a dash to MAS counter, and indeed I've missed the flight, and alhamdulillah, there is still available seat on the next flight which will depart at 2105H, and cost me another ~RM 300 for the next ticket..adoila.. I honestly thought 1730H was the boaridng time and depart at 1830H. What gave me the idea.. I don't know...

2 unfortunate events down, more to come.. Flight departed on time, and landed on time as well in Miri. After custom clearance, I took my luggage and made way to the taxi counter. No phone, means no Grab..huhuhu.. By the time I was at the taxi stand, it was already 2356H, the midnight surcharge started at 2345H..amek kau.. The taxi ride from the airport to the office where I parked the car was RM 61 (midnight surcharge rate..) ameeekkk...

Okla fine, as long as I go home safe, I don't mind paying. I got to the office around 0020H, and guess what? The car wont start.....! Battery problem. The office AP (Auxiliary Police) tried to help jump start my car, but it just wont budge. So they decided to send my home. Finally got home 0130H. Long and tiring day. I thought of taking the stronger flu medication, but it will totally knock me out for a good 8 hour, so I just settled for the normal flu tablet.

This morning I called the Proton service guys (using the house phone..hahaha) and get them to pick me up at the house and sent me to the office and check on the car. Bateri ni pulak pandai..when  the guys checked it, nothing is wrong, all is good. Confuse hakak tau..

Ended up I clocked in the office at 10AM. A personal record by far, as I am always the early one.

I should really evaluate back my barriers/safeguard for travelling alone. From what I gather last night, my barriers are not independent. A simple act of forgetting my phone caused a pretty screwed up day.. Ohh well... I don't get much drama, this is as drama as I can get with my mundane life...hahaha..

Till next time, wassalam..

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)