Friday, January 9, 2015

My 2014 - Kinda late, I know :)

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh...

Ninth day of the year, and only now I am putting up my first post. Again, I am not super busy, I was just super MALAS..hahaha. I guess its high time for me to do a bit of reflection of how my 2014 went.

Indeed, its an eventful year for me. Packed almost my whole life away and moved halfway across the world is no joke. Here, I learn how to keep my mind sane alone. I've been living almost alone in PD for the past 7-8 years, but that's different. Here, the definition alone was brought up to a much higher level. Reason being is, apart from being alone and far from close friends and family, I can pretty much say that I am a little bit cut off from civilization. The life in the camp is so confined, that at times I just wants to get out.

I am lucky, this job comes with perks, I get to travel more than before. This year alone, I've stepped on 5 new countries :) My first taste of Europe and Southern America. In March, I went to France and Britain, followed by Brazil in June, the back to Britain and a small part of Scotland in October and last but not least, during Christmas, I had a short trip to Spain. Hold on..its only 4 countries then, because Britain and Scotland is under UK..hahaha. (Nama pon Geography dapat B time PMR). I traveled back home only once during raya puasa. I stayed here during raya haji, and my sister sent a message saying  that mak nangis pagi raya.....gosh..!! So this year, I have to make a trip back for raya haji as well. Mak kan...?

2014 probably sees me trying and testing on more recipes than ever. Staying outside Malaysia makes you appreciate makcik-makcik dan akak-akak yang jual kuih tepi jalan. Nak apa, keluar cari, dapat. Effort level maybe 50%, tinggal nak tak nak je. I am so hopeless at cooking, almost everything must come from a recipe. I've googled even a simple cokodok pisang recipe. (malu weh!! hahaha). Well, I guess I have to, once I made something, if it didn't turned out well, then I'll be finishing it all alone, so it HAS to be good.

What else....? Ohh ya, I think I lost 5 kg all throughout 2014. Effective loss maybe, because I have not been eating and exercising well the past few weeks, and the weight plateau. Good eh? Hahahaha.. I have to put on more work, now that the loss has reached stagnant phase. The treadmill that I bought has not been fully utilized, the stack of DVD for basic pilates la, zumba la, dancing with stars la has yet waiting to be played. So yeah, I have my work cut out for me this year. Doa tak malas cukup.

I am still not giving up on my dreams to update my travelogue here..hahaha...cita-cita tu penting, I will follow up, insyaAllah, I promise. Else, I may actually forget all those things. I think enough rantings on 2014. My resolutions for 2015? nothing new, I have list of a dozen of things that I have yet to do/ pick up. So I might as well get on with that first.

On a more global level, 2014 has not been a good year for Malaysia. We are probably the most popular South East Asia country, the whole world would have known us now, with all kinds of calamities and test that we faced in 2014. I pray for a better 2015 for all of us, insyaAllah.

p/s: The crude oil prices dropping is very worrying. The company has been on divestment mode for security and sustainability reason here in Nigeria, but this new situation may extend the scope of divestment even further, wallahua'lam. Rezeki ada di mana-mana, we don't know what the future holds, pray for the best, and don't loose hope.

Till next time, wassalam. 

0 tribe leader(s) has spoken:

Post a Comment

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~ William Arthur Ward...

So what say you? ;)